My previous blog posts were about Android apps, you might think ‘oh this is an android guy’ :P, so now I would like to share my PDF Search V1.0 window application. I love programming 🙂
You may ask we have Adobe Reader Advance Search functionality why we need this application, well this application will have suggestion words lists to help advise your search keywords.
Adobe Reader is required to open pdf files.
Download the archive PDFSearch.zip from here.
How to use PDF Search V1.0
1. Extract the zip to a folder.
2. Double click ‘PDFSearch.exe’ to open the application.
3. Now ‘PDF Search V1.0’ will show up.
4. Click ‘Admin’ tab
5. Data Directory is where you store your pdf files in your computer
Index Directory is to store index files. Later you may share to your colleague or friends same DataDirectory and IndexDirectory structure, so they won’t need to create indexes again and save time.
6. Click ‘…’ folder browse button for Data Directory. And choose your pdf directory.
7. Click ‘…’ folder browse button for Index Directory. And choose a new folder to store search indexes.
8. Click ‘Save Settings’ to make sure you don’t lost your settings. ‘Saved’ message will prompt , click ‘OK’.
9. Click ‘Generate Indexes’ to generate search indexes and it will take a while depends on number of pdf files. Progress message with pdf name and page will be displaying to you.
10. When completed, ‘Successfully generated indexes.’ will prompt. Click ‘OK’.
11. Now you are ready to search for what you want. Click ‘Search’ tab. Key in your search keyword. Intellisense suggestion words list will appear. Cool.
12. Click on your desired keyword on suggestion list or you can use down arrow from keyboard to navigate through words.
13. Click ‘Search’ button.
14. Search results will come out with file name, paragraph text, page no.
15. Click ‘Go’ button to open the page in Adobe Reader.
16. Finally Adobe Reader with the desired search page will open.